Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Christmas Fun (December 09)

So I'm getting there... Slowly, but surely, I'm getting caught up to the present. In this entry, I'm going to try to capture some of the Christmas festivities of December. We had a busy month and for me, it seems like there is never time to enjoy the season because there is so much to do. I wish I could sit down and play and sing Christmas music, read a few more Christmas stories, spend more time with those I love, and have more time to contemplate what Christmas is really about. Maybe I'll get better at planning and preparing, or I'll just leave some things out that aren't as important. We'll have to see what I can do to change things. Anyway, back to the fun activities (and they were worthwhile because for all of them I was with people I love).

First of all, we were able to take the kids for an early viewing of Santa on the 13th. Our Elementary School has an annual "Breakfast With Santa (and the Grinch)" and we eat pancakes, sausage, and fruit and stand in line for pictures with Santa and the Grinch. Here are the kids enjoying breakfast:They did a great job with the backgrounds this year (we have an awesome PTA) and the kids did pretty well. William and Caleb were fine with Santa, even though Caleb looks like he's ready to hop down.
However, the Grinch was a little scary for them. William wouldn't even go up to sit by him and Caleb was NOT happy that I put him on the Grinch's lap!


The weekend before Christmas, we were able to head up to St. George and visit with Chad, Ulma and Jen (who happened to be there for work that weekend). On the way up, we were able to capture some of the snow left in the Gorge. It was really pretty.


While we were up there, we did some shopping (I love St. George shopping for some reason) and we were able to go over to Tuacon (for those of you who don't know or who have forgotten, it's an outdoor theater really close to St. George) and see the Live Nativity. They did a great job and it was just the right amount of time (not too long for the kids, but long enough to get a feel for the events that transpired so long ago). I loved the music they used. It was a nice to show the kids, and remind ourselves, why we are celebrating Christmas. Here's a picture of the Nativity:

Here were are trying to keep warm in our seats: (from left to right: Aries (Ulma's cousin), Ulma, Chad, me (holding Caleb), Zach, Jen, Kaitlyn, and Jen's friend Jori is holding William. Ryan is taking the picture, of course)

Here's another picture of the whole group enjoying the lights and the grounds around Tuacon:

The kids were able to see Santa one more time, this time individually. We told them to tell him one thing they wanted most. William asked for chocolate!

It was very cold that night and we were able to go sit by the fire and warm up:


I made Ryan get a picture of the entrance to Tuacon as we were leaving. I loved the lights and water together:

On the way back to Chad and Ulma's, we stopped to get a night shot of the St. George Temple. This was taken from the hill on the North end of town...

We had a great time and really enjoyed ourselves. Thanks Chad, Ulma and Jen!

3 comments:

hillari said...

That looks really beautiful and fun. I'm glad you made Ryan take a picture of the entrance!

The Reese's said...

SOunds like your December was as busy as ours. It would be nice to relax and feel like you have nothing you have to do.

JennHoward said...

I am glad i was able to hang out with you guys when i was there it was a lot of fun! You will have to come visit AZ when you get a chance!

Some Favorite images Ryan shot...