Thursday, October 1, 2009

1st Sprint Distance Triathlon!

On April 17th, I did my first Sprint Distance Triathlon. I ended up talking my friend Megan into coming down from Logan to do it with me (thanks for making the trip, Megan!) and also my husband and brother-in-law, Nate. It was also Ryan and Nate's first attempt at any type of Triathlon, but not to worry, they were awesome! I'm so proud of everyone! We had a great time and I can't wait to do one again!

Here we are posing for a shot. Even though you can't see our numbers, Nate, Ryan and I were 9, 10, and 11. Megan, with the last name of Richards, was somewhere around 280. They went alphabetically, at first, then according to Megan, the numbers were not in order. I wish I would have known because I would have opted to go later. I hated being the first one of 14 in the pool! I wasn't quite ready and had a little trouble getting through the swim. Luckily I was sharing a lane with my awesome husband, who had barely had time to train for the swim, and he got me through it. Thanks Ry! You're amazing!


Another fun part to this Tri, was that Zach and his friend Dawson (Megan's son) were able to do their first Kid's Triathlon also. They were simply amazing! I was so proud of them!

Here they are before it started. Show me your muscles, uh I mean numbers!



Thumbs up! They're ready to go!


Here is Zach swimming. Zach pushed really hard and did the first lap fast (shown here), but slowed down a little on the second lap :) He did really well!


Here he is finishing the whole thing. He had an amazing experience and so did we! Good job Zach! You're awesome!


Thanks to all who came to support! We have such a great family who really helped us a lot during all of the races. Thanks again!

3 comments:

Rawson Family said...

Mason still talks about that race and wants to do it next time.

Rawson Family said...

To bad he still needs to learn how to swim. :)

Mandy said...

Wow Michelle I am totally impressed!!

Some Favorite images Ryan shot...