Monday, November 24, 2008

Halloween 2008...

I'm finally starting to get caught up... almost. Halloween was a lot of fun this year (for me or the kids??) We had parties at school, a trunk-or-treat ward party, and of course regular trick-or-treating. William got to decorate his own cupcake in class, and Caleb had a great time going in to visit Kaitlyn and Zach. He tried taking off a few times, enjoying his freedom, but he didn't make it too far.


















Zach and Kaitlyn have always been excited to dress up for Halloween. They look forward to being able to wear their costume afterwards too, and they come up with so many different ways to wear them. This year, much to my demise (ok, not quite that bad) Zach remembered a promise I made him a long time ago. He's always wanted to be this "bloody skeleton" and I kept telling him he had to be eight first. Well, he's eight and he didn't forget (like I obviously thought he would). So here's Zach in his long awaited Bloody Skeleton costume....


I bet he's making quite the scary face to go along with is scary costume; it's just too bad that we can't see it! (We could tell from the sounds he was making). As for letting him dress up for fun in this later... no way. I don't want fake blood all over the place (even if it's an "accident"). Plus, knowing his sister (yes, sister and not brother) it will probably be used again.

Speaking of Kaitlyn, she was of course, mistaken for a boy most of the time. She had a great time in her costume and it fit her well. I have to admit that it is nice not having to do fancy hair and make-up like most girls her age want!

Kaitlyn in her "stance:"


Luckily, Will and Caleb are still too young to care what they are and are more than willing to wear whatever I tell them to. I know that's going to change one of these days, so I'm enjoying it while I can. Will was a football player (number 7 John Elway, of course) and Caleb was a "Tiny Ninja."






















After all was said and done and we were home from trick-or-treating, William and Caleb sat down on the floor with their buckets and tried to get away with eating as much as they could before getting caught. Here's our little guys living it up! Yummy!




5 comments:

Izlas Imaging by Eric Richards said...

I thought that first shot was of Ryan with that beard and all...

:)

Vicki said...

My kids never forget things either.....I have to be careful of what I promise them. Cute costumes!

Heather said...

Cute costumes. I love that Zach remembered your promise all this time.

Izlas Imaging by Eric Richards said...

Hey!

We got a little package from you - we're so excited! :) Merry christmas!

hillari said...

Hey Michele! I just saw your Christmas card and saw that you have a blog! yay! I do too, click on my link to see it. Anyway, cute blog. I love those green pictures at the bottom, and your kids are so cute! We were just in MV and ran in their 5k--it was pretty fun. Anyway, talk to you later! Oh yeah, I have Heather's blog linked on mine if you also want to check it out.

Some Favorite images Ryan shot...